Home

As I will soon be going back to Japan, I have been contemplating about my own personal definition of home. I've always felt that my home in Depok, Indonesia is my real home, but at the same time I do realize I don't live here permanently anymore; it becomes no more than a place to spend my holidays at. Even though I'm staying in Beppu for the current time being, I haven't thought of it as home. I feel comfortable living there, but there's a slight of doubt to refer to Beppu as home.

Another thing which I consider quite weird, is that although I've spent most of my years in Depok/Jakarta, at the same time I don't feel like I belong here either. You see, I'm more of a walking/public transport kind of person, and sadly Depok/Jakarta doesn't really accommodate pedestrians, and riding on public transport is sometimes rather unsafe. Efforts have been made to improve these conditions, but changes cannot happen in an instant. It might take a really long time for Depok/Jakarta to be a pedestrian-friendly city and have comfortable public transport.

Despite of me having gone back home twice for the past year, occasionally there are thoughts of not wanting to go home and stay in Beppu for the holidays. But in the end homesickness wins.

Even so, I still don't know where I belong.

P.S. This is an old draft that I have been managed to finish abruptly recently.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A little reflection

On love; I guess

Salah